Re: elisp: interactive and non-interactive diffs

From: rustom
Subject: Re: elisp: interactive and non-interactive diffs
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 00:39:29 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 17, 6:58 am, Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > What I need is a way of the emacs buffer tracking the external file
> > rather than the usual other way round.  Usually the latest version is
> > in the buffer and file-saves (and autosaves to #file# ) makes the file
> > track emacs.
> > Thats is just like in gv if one sets the watch option the gv display
> > keeps changing as the external file changes, here too I want to keep
> > reverting the buffer as it changes.
>
> You probably want auto-revert-mode.
>
>         Stefan

Ok did that
Now what happens is that the buffer in image mode goes into text mode
and Ive to switch to it and do C-c C-c (sometimes twice)

So either I need some option in image mode to keep always in image
mode
Else (poorer option) I need some hooks in image mode (or auto-revert-
mode?) to do this switching automatically