Re: Forcing temporary output particular window

From: WB
Subject: Re: Forcing temporary output particular window
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:36:35 -0000

Thanks for the input, but I don't understand how this could be
of use for what I'm looking for. Allow me to be more explicit.

I'm beginning to find Emacs with ECB and friends to be one
of my favorites for code development. Now, during a typical
session I will for eg. compile and run projects, I will grep over
files for whatever reason, and do many things which
have nothing to do with actually editing the code files.

Yet, obviously I will have some windows open with the code
files I'm working on. Now, what I find very embarrassing, is
that I cannot force Emacs to leave those windows untouched.
Instead, generically, Emacs will overwrite 'at random' any of
the windows that I was coding in, for its own output. This is
what I would like to suppress.

Best regards,
WB