[OT] Re: What is the best way to navigate #ifdef and #endif in C progra

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: [OT] Re: What is the best way to navigate #ifdef and #endif in C program
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:22:43 -0000

On Aug 2, 5:31 pm, "Daniel (Youngwhan)" <breadn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If there is curly brace, it is easy to navigate between them by M-C-f
> and M-C-b in c-mode.
>
> However, I cannot find a way to navigate in like curly brace when it
> comes to #ifdef, #else, and #endif.
>
> For example, if there is a code like this:
>
> #ifdef A_DEFINED
> (...100 lines)
> #else
> (... 500 lines)
> #endif
>
> , is there a easy way to move the cursor from #endif to #ifdef or
> #else and vice versa?
>
> Daniel

You might get better luck posting in a C group also.

I use #ifdef ... #endif often also to comment out blocks of code
during debugging.

My question to CLISP/ELISP/scheme people is

If there is a wrapper do nothing type function in elisp/clisp/scheme
which can have the same effect as commenting out.

This is because I dont like to do comment-region/uncomment-region in
emacs.

These three lispy languages dont seem to have comment block construct
like C ie /* and */