Re: Do we need a "Stevens" book?

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Do we need a "Stevens" book?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:21:44 -0000

On Jul 29, 6:40 am, Thien-Thi Nguyen <t...@gnuvola.org> wrote:
> Why does the search start with Google (and continue with other
> downstream, non-terminating, whirlpool-shaped, out of date, referenda)?
> Why not go to the source?  The Emacs Lisp manual, the Emacs Lisp code,
> the Emacs customization facility, the Emacs *scratch* buffer, the Emacs!

Surprisingly enough - or not? - it seems few users do read the
manuals... I'm guilty of this too (and Emacs' manuals will be my
reading on my next vacations). Emacs is too much a complex (not
difficult) and powerful software to be used by intuition alone, unlike
many softwares we are used to.

RTFM! RTFM! RTFM! ...