Re: Postfixing ' emacs' to all frame titles.

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: Postfixing ' emacs' to all frame titles.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:21:18 -0000

On 2010-07-27, Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm wondering if there's a simple way to postfix ' emacs' to all frame
> titles without resorting to [elisp from the web][1].  Couldn't find
> anything in Chapter 25 but I didn't search much harder than that.
>
> [1]: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FrameTitle

I'm using

(setq need-app-name-in-title (not (eq window-system 'pm)))
(setq frame-title-format '((need-app-name-in-title "Emacs: " "")
                           ;; contains "Emacs: " for special buffers
                           ;; mode-line-buffer-identification
                           (buffer-file-name
                            ;; "%f"
                            mode-line-buffer-identification
;;;                         (:eval (mode-line-replace-regexp-in-alist-with-prop
;;;                                 buffer-file-name
;;;                                 mode-line-abbreviation-alist
;;;                                 (car mode-line-buffer-identification)))
                            "%b")))

  (This may or may not be dependent on mode-line.el which provides
   meaningful buffer names.)

Hope this helps,
Ilya