Re: Automatically checking parentheses before a global save not working

From: Elena
Subject: Re: Automatically checking parentheses before a global save not working.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:16:53 -0000

On 1 Lug, 18:16, Andreas Politz <poli...@fh-trier.de> wrote:
> >                     (switch-to-buffer (buffer-name))
>
> There is no user interaction at this point.

What do you mean, please? Can't I call `switch-to-buffer' there?
However, `yes-or-no-p' (which interacts with the user) works, and the
buffer to fix is being correctly identified by name.

>  You could try something
> with `recursive-edit', but I don't know if it is a good idea to change
> the buffer state at this point (in the `before-save-hook').

If I can't switch buffer right away, maybe an alternative and safe
approach would be to set a delayed switch, which would run after
termination of `condition-case'.

> Also, I suppose running the hook is wrapped in some
> current-buffer-saving-macro.

Yes, this function has been locally added to `before-save-hook' into
`emacs-lisp-mode'.

Thanks for you help.