copy/paste from x11 Emacs fails but other x11 programs do just fine

From: Terrence Brannon
Subject: copy/paste from x11 Emacs fails but other x11 programs do just fine
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:08:44 -0000

I am running an Ubuntu virtual machine (using virtualbox). I hand-
compiled GNU Emacs 23.2 and installed it on this viritual machine.
The host is a windows xp machine.

I have no problem with copy/paste from Ubuntu xterm windows or Ubuntu
firefox windows to Windows XP. However, all attempts to copy from GNU
Emacs with gtk extensions to Windows XP fail.

This screencast documents the copy/paste behavior for all the attempts
(xterm, firefox, emacs):

http://www.screencast.com/users/terrence_work/folders/Jing/media/8f9ceafe-3429-4df2-8fcb-0ea9aa65589c

Please help me!