lower level directories in My Documents not recognized

From: patrol
Subject: lower level directories in My Documents not recognized
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:12:42 -0000

Hi,
Emacs doesn't seem to be recognizing my My Documents subdirectories
(I'm running Windows 7)

For example, when I try to save a buffer to ~/My Documents/Abc, it
says "no such directory" even though there is one. And when I do
autocompletion in the minibuffer, Emacs autocompletes every directory
up to an including My Documents, but nothing after (I get [no match]
for any subdirectory). Anyone know what's going on here?