Re: Make a "general" Emacs configuration

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: Make a "general" Emacs configuration
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:57:23 +0200

Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> writes:

> Well with git submodules is not a problem anyway, since it keeps track
> of the version so everyone cloning the repo will have the same version
> of submodules.

But I have another problem now, whenever I do something (even just
byte-compilation) inside a submodule I get this

Submodule doxymacs contains untracked content

which is a bit annoying.
Then the changes are not automatically staged and you would have to
commit explicitly, but still that "dirty" flag is not nice.

Maybe is worth to mirror everything myself, so even if I want to modify
something I can also push the changes, and the maybe send the patch to
the original author.