Re: TAGS for multiply project.

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: TAGS for multiply project.
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 21:53:13 +0300

On 2010-07-23 23:11, Andrea Crotti wrote:
I like some it feture, so put into .emacs:

(semantic-mode 1)
(global-semantic-idle-summary-mode 1)
(global-semantic-highlight-func-mode 1)

I have 2 question about semantic.

How can a go back after "C-c , J" (semantic-complete-jump)
like "M-*" (pop-tag-mark) for TAGS?

Good question, I never asked myself since C-x b RET gets me back to the
original file, but it would be nice to have something like that.
More nice would be open the buffer in a different window because
normally that's what I want...

C-x b RET good work if you goto header prototype.
Really you just see it and back.

But if you go to implementation and try understand it
you also may want goto implemetation of called function,
return, read more, goto, return, read more ...
and finally return into original place.

In that case Emacs MUST organize list of jumps
and function which can binding to keys
to get easy return in original place.

Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipce, IAR Embedded Workbench
and many other IDE remember all jumps and allow
browse backward/forward like Firefox/Opera/Chrome
for links.

Really no one need this feature or it implemented?

Eric M. Ludlam answer me in emacs.semantic:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.semantic/2449

Seems his solution useful but I have trouble with
C-x B key binding, which defined in mru-bookmark.el:

    (define-key km "\C-xB" 'semantic-mrub-switch-tags)

It was hidden by iswitchb.el:

  (global-set-key "\C-xb" 'iswitchb-buffer)

C-h k C-x B say:

C-x b (***translated from*** C-x B) runs the command iswitchb-buffer

What mean marked by * text?

--
Best regards!