Open many buffers

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Open many buffers
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 23:11:48 +0200

I don't see in the emacs functions anything like
"visit-all-the-buffers-matching-this-regexp".

It would be useful sometimes, now I use something like this in the git
projects

(defun open-git-files ()
  "Visit all the files in the current git project"
  (interactive)
  (dolist
      (file (split-string (shell-command-to-string "git ls-files")))
    (message "Opening %s" file)
    (find-file file)))

But it opens too much often.

Something that
- ask for a regexp
- visit all the buffers
- automatically set up a guessed best way to place them on the frame (or
  maybe creates a new elscreen for each one for example)

Is there anything like this somewhere?