Re: auto-saving files

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: auto-saving files
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:24:41 +0200

Andrea Crotti writes:
> When launching a compilation the function "save-some-buffers" it's
> called.
> This is nice because sometimes I forget to save before compiling, but
> there are some files that you would always love to have automatically
> saved.
>
> For example .newrc is managed by news but every time I compile emacs
> asks me to save it.
> Is there a clean way to solve it?

I guess you mean the .newsrc-dribble file? I'm using this:

(add-hook 'gnus-started-hook
          (lambda ()
            (when (buffer-live-p gnus-dribble-buffer)
              (with-current-buffer gnus-dribble-buffer
                (setq buffer-save-without-query t)))))

This will get .newsrc-dribble automatically saved by
save-some-buffers. The other newsrc-files are usually not kept open
during a Gnus session.

Regards,
David