Re: site-start.el: inhibit-startup-screen?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: site-start.el: inhibit-startup-screen?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:04:46 -0700

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 08:02 AM, Stefan Vollmar wrote:
Hello,

we need to have an internal rollout of Emacs where we want to put some institute-specific
defaults in a site-start.el (or default.el) file. I can see why one generally should not
set "inhibit-startup-screen" as a default for new users, in our case (we try to
provide internal documentation and courses) it seems justified. If we put

(setq inhibit-startup-screen t)

in site-start.el we still get the Emacs splashscreen. Is there a way to avoid
the splashscreen other than using user-specific .emacs files?

How about using a /etc/skeleton.emacs with that variable set. Then every new user has that setting saved in their dotemacs. Which they can still change if they want to. :)

Many thanks in advance.
Warm regards,
  Stefan

--