Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands

From: LanX
Subject: Re: CUA-mode and conflicts with C-x commands
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:04:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lennart,

> I am always using S-C-x when I don't want to delete the region. It
> took some days to get used to it, but it is not very difficult since I
> actually have a visual clue there (since the region is visually
> marked).

Thanks, but I'm looking for keybindings that are somehow compatible
when I leave emacs....

E.g. S-C-x does a toggle of the writing direction in my Firefox ...
8-|

But C-x C-x has no further effect in FF.

(for instance I bound C-a to eginning-of-line and C-a C-a to mark-
whole-buffer, works fine! 8)

I think I'm gonna try to enlarge the time-spam cua-mode waits for the
second key if a region is marked (default is something like 0.2 secs)
and try to bind the second C-x to cut the region right away.

Like this I can rapidly hit the x again without leaving the C-key.

And I can't think of a situation where I need  exchange-point-and-mark
with C-x C-x when a region is already marked...

cheers
  Rolf