Re: no such file or directory, sh

From: boskom
Subject: Re: no such file or directory, sh
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:41:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 22, 2:10 pm, Paul Bibbings <paul.bibbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> boskom <bosk...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi to everyone,
>
> > When I try to invoke certain cedet/semantic functions (like semantic-
> > symref-symbol) the following message appears in minibuffer  "Searching
> > for program: no such file or directory, sh"
> > It seams to me like a general emacs question rather than package
> > specific, so that's why I'm asking it here.
> > Is there any customization variable that should be set?
> > I searched net and this group but to no avail.
>
> > I am using Emacs 23.1 (from ftp.gnu.org) on Windows XP with CEDET
> > 1.0pre7. The same happens with Emacs 23.2-pretest end its built-in
> > CEDET.
>
> Do you have `sh' installed on your system, and is it on your path?
>
>    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
>    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved
>
>    c:\>sh --version
>    GNU bash, version 3.2.49(23)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
>    Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul Bibbings

I do not have sh.exe installed, although I have most of the gnuwin32
utils and they are on path. I could not find sh.exe or some similar in
gnuwin32. However I took sh.exe from MSYS and it solved the problem. I
thought there is some solution inside emacs, this solution is
satisfactory too.

Thank you Paul.

Regards
Bosko.