Re: cperl-mode - how people outline their code?

From: LanX
Subject: Re: cperl-mode - how people outline their code?
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 03:15:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

> Now how would these two different outline semantics be reflected on
> the "interleaved" file?  Would one want to have two different "active"
> levels, one for POD, another for code?

I think the problem is how to map these two channels onto linear
outline levels...

I just sometimes want to fold all embedded pod - like function headers
- away... so maybe just a switch is enough?

hs-minor-mode has a flag to "hide all comments when hiding all"

> Puzzled,
> Ilya

me too, outline-minor-mode is not very intuitive to handle ... mabe
hideshow is better.

IMHO a brainstorm at perlmonks is the best strategy...

Cheers
  Rolf