Re: Understanding slime and swank

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Re: Understanding slime and swank
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:31:54 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <girzel@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mar 2, 2010, at 9:40 PM, Andrea Crotti wrote:
> Are you looking for slime-lisp-implementations? The example from the
> docs looks like this:
>
> (setq slime-lisp-implementations
>            '((cmucl ("cmucl" "-quiet"))
>              (sbcl ("/opt/sbcl/bin/sbcl") :coding-system utf-8-unix)))
>
> The one at top will be default, I think you run slime with a prefix
> arg to autocomplete choose from different implementations.

mm no I didn't mean that...
I would like to use this:
http://github.com/jochu/swank-clojure

And also switch to other lisp implementations.
It's not very clear how I should do, they also say to add this
(add-to-list 'slime-lisp-implementations '(sbcl ("sbcl")))

But now again is only sbcl working, also prefixing M-x slime.

Before only loading "swank-clojure" was enough to make it working...

I just would like to understand more or less how swank-slime work and
which variables I should set up..
Now the conf is
(add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "~/.emacs.d/slime/doc/")

;; the path should be already set up correctly
(setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")
(require 'slime)
(require 'slime-fuzzy)
(slime-setup)
(setq slime-complete-symbol*-fancy t)
(setq slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)

(require 'swank-clojure)

(add-to-list 'slime-lisp-implementations '(sbcl ("sbcl")))

And I also have the slime.info now but still I can't see the
documentation..

Anyway using auto-complete with slime maybe?
Also another problem is that not requiring 'slime-fuzzy didn't find me
the completing function, isn't there any autoloading then?
Thanks