Re: dired without -l, wdired fails

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: dired without -l, wdired fails
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:58:34 +0100

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

>>> OK, filed as M-x report-emacs-bug suggested:
>>
>> AFAIK, dired does not work in your context, so that wouldn't be a bug.
>
> Output of dired with dired-listing-switch `1' as you suggested was
> fine.

I tried to reproduce that here (with emacs -Q), but if I remove the -l
and use nothing or plain -1, then the dired output is *not* ok (all
files except the last are indented a bit, and the last's first char has
`dired-mark' face), and no dired commands work anymore.  I cannot
operate on any file, I always get

  dired-get-file-for-visit: No file on this line

> Just the docu contradicts, requiring the `-l' switch. Only wdired-
> failed. Think it's extentable at this point.

Are you really sure that all or at least most dired commands work
without -l?

Bye,
Tassilo