Interesting difference in emacs's "filling".

From: David Combs
Subject: Interesting difference in emacs's "filling".
Date: 18 Jan 2010 05:27:02 -0500

Interesting difference in emacs's "filling".

Here's a long line that needs filling.

NOTE WELL: that leading "|" is as much part of the line as the "N" in "Now":

| Now is the time for all men all men all men all men all men all men all men
all men all men  all men all men all men to

So, using two different ways, let's do a "fill" on it:

--- (1) via the good-ole M-q, we get this:

| Now is the time for all men all men all men all men all men all men
  all men all men all men all men all men all men to

--- (2) Whereas with (the super-useful) fill-individual-paragraphs it's:

| Now is the time for all men all men all men all men all men all men
| all men all men all men all men all men all men to

------------- QUESTION: fill-individual-paragraphs is SO nice, so:

Each of two results has its uses -- I just want the ability choose.

Especially with the unbelievably-useful "fill-individual-paragraphs".

So, how to tell M-x fill-individual-paragraphs which format to use?

Thanks!

David