newbie - elba/how do i run packages

From: brian
Subject: newbie - elba/how do i run packages
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 17:28:35 -0800

Hi,

I am using GNU emacs 23 in cygwin. I dont have emacs /lisp background. I got as far as running the elpa script in the elisp window.The I can highlight and "I" a package, then hit "x" . Some packages seem to work, like "dictionary", however I want to try "slime"

slime 20091016 installed Superior Lisp Interaction Mode for Emac

it says "no such file or directory"

also do you know if xemacs is preferred in cywin?

Thanks
Brian