Re: How to change standard date

From: Benjamin Andresen
Subject: Re: How to change standard date
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:04:48 +0100

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> Sergei Organov <osv@javad.com> writes:
>
>>  (setq gnus-treat-date-local 'head)
>>
>> I'd guess.
>
> That works. But the documentation is not very clear then. Because for
> nil I do not put a '. So instead of talking about head, it should be
> about 'head.

You could though.
nil is a variable that just evaluates to the symbol 'nil (eq 'nil nil)

the same goes for t.

I personally don't feel confused by a symbol, a string and a variable,
but because someone is going to say it, I'll do it:

Make a suggestion on how to improve the documentation. But beware: The
completely documentation uses the `foo' syntax for functions and
symbols.

br,
benny