RE: Not all buffers shown in "Buffers" menu bar item

From: bostjanv
Subject: RE: Not all buffers shown in "Buffers" menu bar item
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:30:40 -0800 (PST)

Drew Adams wrote:

>> I'm using emacs 23.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 and I noticed that not
>> all buffers are listed when menu bar item "Buffers" is clicked.
>
> Sounds like
> http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4122

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment I am not sure that the behavior
described in bug report 4122 is related to my problem. Namely, I tried the
workaround mentioned in the link (M-x accelerate-menu), and it had no effect
on my problem. Specifically, after entering

emacsclient --no-wait <file 1> <file 2>

at the terminal, and after evaluating M-x accelerate-menu, <file 2> was
still not on the Buffers list. Further evidence that the two problems are
not related is that my problem occurs also on Windows while the
accelerate-menu command is X-Window only. Basically, I would like to submit
a bug report; but prior to that I need the information whether the behavior
I am describing (<file 2> not on Buffers list) is intended (by design) or
not.
Regards,

bostjanv
PS "emacsclient --no-wait <file 1> ; emacsclient --no-wait <file 2>" results
in both files ending up on the Buffers list.