Re: Multiple Major Modes

From: Joe Brenner
Subject: Re: Multiple Major Modes
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:37:58 -0800

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Joe Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu> wrote:

> >> Hm, I see. It is maybe a pretty good reason on that side. But do
> >> clients really care about the URL "file extension"?
> >
> > Well, I do.  If the URL ends in ".asp", I think "oh, no...".

> Oh, you are not the type of client I was thinking of... I am glad to
> hear you care though ;-)
>
> I was more thinking about web browsers.

No, not web browsers, exactly.  But a common use case for Mason is
re-engineering sites that were developed statically and turned out to be
maintenance nightmares.  There the published interface is URLs ending in
*.html, and changing that because you're changing the back-end wouldn't
make any sense.