Updating emacs shell completion cache

From: Blanchette, Marco
Subject: Updating emacs shell completion cache
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:42:20 -0600

I am sorry if this question have been asked before but I couldn't google an
answer.

I am almost exclusively using the Emacs interactive shell mode as my shell and
I am very frequently changing my $PATH variable when working on different
projects so that I have access to different scripts store a different places.
However, if I change the variable after I had fire up a shell, the auto
completion won't reach the new location in $PATH. I am sure there is a way to
refresh the content of the cache variable, I just couldn't find it yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Marco Blanchette, Ph.D.