lpr w/Mac os x

From: Brian Tibbetts
Subject: lpr w/Mac os x
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 13:12:32 -0500

Hello,

I'm new to mac but not emacs.  I'm trying to get lpr set up and running into a
problem.
I've tested the following line from bash:

lpr -p -P Lexmark_X500_Series__00d21f_ simple-print.el

It works well an prints directly with a header as I wish.

When I load the script below (including a clean load of emacs with just this
file) and use print-buffer, I don't get quite the expected result.  emacs
generates a pretty colored html file (this is fine) but without the header.
The script below reflects my playing around trying to get the header to print.
Also, instead of going directly to the printer as intended, a print/preview
dialog box is popped.  Most important part of the my problem is the lack of a
header.  However, help with either aspect would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

;; simple-print.el

(require 'lpr)

(setq my-print-command "/usr/bin/lpr")
(setq my-printer-name "Lexmark_X500_Series_00d21f_")

;; not on home postscript printer
(setq printer-name)
(setq lpr-command my-print-command)
(setq lpr-add-switches nil)
(setq lpr-header-switches "-p")
(setq lpr-switches (list (concat "-p -P " my-printer-name)))
(define-key menu-bar-tools-menu [lpr-buffer] '("Lpr Buffer" . lpr-buffer))