psgml NOFILL not operative

From: Peter Flynn
Subject: psgml NOFILL not operative
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:38:44 +0000

I have been using GNU Emacs with psgml-mode for many years, and relying
on the NOFILL PI to prevent listings and other linespecific element
types from being disturbed when I issue a C-c C-q. In the current
version (1.3.2, with Emacs22 under Ubuntu 9.10), it appears that this
requires (with DocBook as my example)

<?PSGML ELEMENT programlisting nofill=t ?>
<?PSGML ELEMENT literallayout nofill=t ?>

Neither of these has any effect: a C-c C-q will fill all material in
scope in mixed content and re-indent all element types in element
content, *including* programlisting and literallayout.

I have obviously misunderstood something about the way this should be
specified, but I cannot see what. In earlier versions, I was using the
PI <?PSGML NOFILL programlisting literallayout?> but this has no effect
now either.

Is anyone else using this successfully?

///Peter