Getting started with ede

From: Neal Becker
Subject: Getting started with ede
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 07:09:59 -0500

I'm writing mainly python code.  I'd like to try out some of the new
features (like completion), so I have installed cedet.

Browsing through some of the info, I learned the easy way to get completion
of references between files to work was to use ede to start a project.  I
don't seem to get far with this.

M-x ede-new.  (Project-type?).  Only completion of project-type is Simple.
Why?

Anyway, choose Simple.
(Name?) test1
(Project created and saved)

OK.
M-x ede-add-file
(Target:)

Oh, I can't add the file, there are no targets.  OK
M-x ede-new-target
new-target not supported by #<ede-simple-project test> [2 times]

OK, I'm stuck.