Re: Newbie question: Where to find emacs stqrtup file on Windows

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Newbie question: Where to find emacs stqrtup file on Windows
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:45:45 +0100

bar tomas wrote:
sorry, I don't even know how to check the value of a variable (i tried
typing alt-x user-init-file, but got nothing)
How how can find the value of user-init-file?
Thanks again.

Bar,

C-h v
runs "describe-variable", this will give you a brief description of what the
variable does, and its current setting.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.