Problem with Make and Charset Maps

From: destino
Subject: Problem with Make and Charset Maps
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:23:14 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to make Emacs 23.1 on Debian Lenny (tramp is broken in the
emacs-snapshot so I can't use that version; I am a tramp junky).

I run ./configure with no problems, but when I run make, it gets
through a lot of the process, then gives the following error:

Failure in loading charset map: 8859-2
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/destin/downloads/emacs-23.1/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

I downloaded the ISO-8859-2 charset from http://czyborra.com/charsets/,
but I have no idea where to put it. It is in a weird format:
iso8859-2.bdf.gz which is not a standard Debian format.

Any help is greatly appreciated - I am at my wits end...