Re: Add new keyword in Emacs mode

From: Beware
Subject: Re: Add new keyword in Emacs mode
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:57:11 -0700 (PDT)

On 7 oct, 22:46, Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 1:16 pm, Beware <mathieu.hed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > following the previous post i wrote, i'm wonder if it's possible to
> > add new keyword in a mode of emacs.
>
> which is your previous post? not all read all threads in newsgroup
> these days. Best to post the url to groups.google.com
>
> and what you mean by keywords? you want to add words so that keywoard
> completion command will expand to your new words?
>
> are you talking about keyword completion in minibuffer? or in a major
> lang mode? or minor modes such as ido? also, whether it's in shell,
> file name completion, or just computer language's keyword? or user
> defined function names?
>
> be specific in your question.
>
> if your question is about in a major mode of a particular language,
> and you want keyword completion to work on user defined function, then
> you can generate tag files. (i've never used this) Look for the emacs
> doc node: (emacs) Tags
>
> if you want to add words to a language mode, you can use a hook and
> add to its keyword list... but this depends on the implementation of
> the mode.
>
> • How To Implement Keyword Completion in Emacs
>  http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_keyword_completion.html
>
>   Xah
>http://xahlee.org/

Hi,

you'r wright, i forgot the url to my post :
it's here :
http://groups.google.fr/group/gnu.emacs.help/browse_thread/thread/602ea705818926ef

Well, i used emacs to produce my VHDL files. In fact, i use a script
to do this. So i indent my code and i uppercase VHDL keywords.

But, in this VHDL Mode, not all keywords are check and done. So i want
to add some new keywords to have all VHDL keywords, i want in
uppercase.

I hope i'm clear now.