Re: about showing all characters including non-printable, control etc

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: about showing all characters including non-printable, control etc
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 09:19:38 -0500

Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:

>>> For emacs 23
>>
>> If that is a question... I'm not sure what its about.  If you are
>> asking if I'm running emacs-23... then yes.
>>
> Actually, not sure what happened, but I /thought/ I'd also included the
> doc string for

Thanks

Ok, now I can see tabs in a message buffer.  But now I have a new
problem... I can't turn it off...
You'd think toggling the mode with M-x global-whitespace-mode would
turn it off but it doesn't.

I did notice the capitalized WS in the mode line went to lowercase
when I toggled global-whitespace-mode... so maybe you can toggle
local-whitespace-mode but no... no soap there.

Going back to the documentation Tim posted... I finally guessed how to
turn it on off.... it doesn't tell you directly but it does tell what
to do if local whitespace-mode is off.

So you can guess that there is a whitespace-mode you can toggle.  Not
just a `global-whitespace-mode'.

Thanks for sticking with it Tim... in spite of my thick skull.