Re: Creating Presentations in Emacs (from text files)

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: Creating Presentations in Emacs (from text files)
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:10:01 +0200

Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Will Willis <will.willis@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm attempting to put together a series of presentations for my co-workers.
>>> I'm looking for a way to generate a powerpoint-like slide deck from a text
>>> file. Something akin to org-mode style or even Muse as the input, and
>>> something like HTML slides or even a PDF as the output.
>>
>> Well, if you know LaTEX, then beamer package might be a good start.
>> There are enough examples out there to get you started. You could use
>> auctex mode in Emacs to work on it too.
>>

> I would  recommend this solution as well. The combination of auctex and
> LaTeX beamer mode is really good.

Well, best of both worlds is of course to use org-mode and generate
LaTeX (beamer) from it. That way you work with a clean text file and do
not need to worry about the intricacies of LaTeX and Beamer. The
org-mode mailing list has some examples on how to make the LaTeX export
of org-mode generate beamer slides.

HTH
Christian