Re: Copying text from emacs to another application using M-w

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Copying text from emacs to another application using M-w
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:38:36 -0500

Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@nyu.edu> writes:

>> By the way, there should be no difference whether I use C-y or middle
>> click.  So that is not the problem.
>
> I though on xterm you don't select simply by highlighting with the
> mouse.  After it is highlighted, in xterm try right mouse click and
> chose copy.

Far as I know right mouse is used to extend a selection.  I have no
context menu under linux with right click.

For it has always worked like this:

Start a highlight at line 800 in scrollback buffer
hit down arrow which brings you back to command prompt
the press right mouse to select from line 800 to cmd prompt.

That is it extends the selection.  There is no `copy' option at all.

Do you have other behavior?