Re: Is there an emacs bash script mode / colouring?

From: Eric B.
Subject: Re: Is there an emacs bash script mode / colouring?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:53:30 -0400

"Anselm Helbig" <anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com> wrote in message
87ab0wc9ac.wl%anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com">news:87ab0wc9ac.wl%anselm.helbig+news2009@googlemail.com...
> Hi!
>
>> This may sound like a silly question, but is there a major/minor mode for
>> emacs that does syntax colouring and auto-formatting of bash scripts?
>>
>> I've tried searching the web, but can't seem to find anything applicable.
>
> Well, silly it is. 8-) Bash is supported by sh-mode, which should
> already be active when you're using the .sh extension for your
> file. If you don't use an extension, it will be activated after a
> revert-buffer.

Well, yes - sh mode is activated upon opening of any .sh file.  However, for
some reason, I find it doesn't do any formatting and/or syntax colouring.
My nxml mode does both, so I know it isn't my terminal that is problematic.
Is there something in the config that I am missing for sh-mode?

I'm running emacs 21.4.1

Thanks,

Eric