Instaling 23.1 on Snow Leopard

From: Stuart Russell
Subject: Instaling 23.1 on Snow Leopard
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 00:09:01 -0400

I just recently upgraded my macBook to Snow Leopard and would like to get emacs 23.1 running as this is the editor of choice for the CIS department from which I am taking classes. I used X11 to navigate to the "emacs-23.1" directory and typed "./configure". I got an error saying that I do not have gcc or cc on my machine (screenshot attached). Can anybody help? Sorry if this was already posted, i checked and did not see anything.

SSR

PNG image