Re: how to turn on showing end of file?

From: jidanni
Subject: Re: how to turn on showing end of file?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:03:08 +0800

(info "(emacs) Useless Whitespace")
     To enable this feature, set the buffer-local variable
  `indicate-empty-lines' to a non-`nil' value.  The default value of this
  variable is controlled by the variable
`default-indicate-empty-lines';<---Hey, isn't that deprecated?
  by setting that variable, you can enable or disable this feature for
  all new buffers.  (This feature currently doesn't work on text-only
  terminals.)<---So that's why I can't see the tildes, and not due to trying
vim.