Annoying "Delete excess backup versions of .recentf?" message

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: Annoying "Delete excess backup versions of .recentf?" message
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:44:54 +0200

Hi there,

I just starte using the recentf function of Emacs and now I have a
little inconvenience with the backup system. Everytime I shutdown Emacs
(I know, one should never do it, but sometimes I have to turn of my
machine) I get this

Delete excess backup versions of .recentf?

message. Is there a simple way to turn it of without turning this
question of in general?

greetings,

Stefan

--