Re: How to set wrap line at window edge

From: bar tomas
Subject: Re: How to set wrap line at window edge
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:28:49 +0200

Many thanks
How complicated!

On 9/6/09, Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday 06 September 2009 11:45 AM, bar tomas wrote:
On 9/6/09, Suvayu Ali
<fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com<fatkasuvayu%2Blinux@gmail.com>>
wrote:

On Sunday 06 September 2009 09:34 AM, bar tomas wrote:

Hi,
How can I set the option "wrap line at edge of window" in the .emacs init
file?
Also, I'd like to disable truncate long lines. Although I have disabled
this
option through the menu/Options, lines continue to be truncated befor the
windows edge. How can I stop truncation of long lines?
Thanks very much

How about put this in your .emacs
(custom-set-variables
       (...other customizations ...)
       '(truncate-lines nil))

Thanks very much.
Does that also make the text wrap around the window?

>From the documentation after doing,
`C-h v truncate-lines <RET>'

truncate-lines is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is t

 Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.
 This variable is safe as a file local variable if its value
 satisfies the predicate `booleanp'.

Documentation:
*Non-nil means do not display continuation lines.
Instead, give each line of text just one screen line.

Note that this is overridden by the variable
`truncate-partial-width-windows' if that variable is non-nil
and this buffer is not full-frame width.

You can customize this variable.

--
Suvayu