RE: flymake configuration error for C program

From: Corey Foote
Subject: RE: flymake configuration error for C program
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 16:40:10 -0400

And, of course, I'm using tabs in the makefiile as necessary. It compiles fine when I just run "make" from the shell.

From: coreyfoote@hotmail.com
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 16:35:36 -0400
Subject: flymake configuration error for C program

When trying to run M-x Flymake-Mode in Emacs I get:

    Flymake: Configuration error has occured while running (make -s -C ./CHK_SOURCES=helloworld_flymake.c SYNTAX_CHECK_MODE=1 check-syntax). Flymake will be switched OFF

I am invoking the command in a buffer called helloworld.c:

#include <stdio.h>

    int main(void) {
      printf("Hello World");
      return 0;
    }

And have a file called Makefile in the same directory:

    helloworld: helloworld.c
        gcc helloworld.c -o helloworld

I'm running GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1 under Ubuntu 9.04.

Thanks in advance!

HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.