Re: emacs lisp command to copy dir and all subdir?

From: notbob
Subject: Re: emacs lisp command to copy dir and all subdir?
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:53:54 GMT

On 2009-08-25, Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a emacs lisp command to copy a whole dir? like unix's cp -R?

> so, am wondering if there's a pre-made solutions?

I'm using emacs 22.3 and it copies recursively by default.  From dired
mode, simply put cursor on dir to be copied and type C (captial C for
copy).  The mini-buffer prompts where to copy to.  If subdirectories
exist, mini-buffer prompts if you want recursive copies (y/n).  I just
tried it and it works fine, which is cool, cuz I sure don't know much
about lisp, yet.  ;)

nb