Re: moving around multiple buffers

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: moving around multiple buffers
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:03:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 20, 9:08 am, "Farhan Ahmed" <far...@alienfluid.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I've mapped shift+TAB to 'next buffer and C+shift+TAB to 'previous
> buffer and now I only use one window to edit code. Takes a little getting
> used to, but it works.

using Tab is probably worst, because every mode vie for that key.

in just about all modes, tab does indentation.

ysnippet also uses tabs.

org mode uses tabs.

in minibuffer and elsewhere, it's also used for completion.

not recommended to pile on such a key. Also, i noticed, tab key is not
actually a good key. Need to take care of your pinkies.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/