Re: Mortal comment

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Mortal comment
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:01:12 +0200

Benjamin Badgley <mortecanine@peoplepc.com> writes:

> "Values in the local variables stanza aren't evaluated"
>
> Just wanted to comment. Awesome, totally awesome! Programming,as poetry.
> Nice. :)

Ok, my poetic sense is the lowest of the world, but I think this is
not poetry, but meta-poetry.  In as much as that "stanza" term refers
to poetry, which it doesn't, in this case ; it is reused in some
software systems to denote just some section of configuration
(usually) text.

That said, some code exhibit poetic value, and some comments may also.
But I find it rather more like mathematical beauty than like poetry,
which as I said I'm quite unable to appreciate anyways, so I'm no
authority on that subject.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__