Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions

From: queries0
Subject: Re: Emacs for Mac OS X - questions
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:23:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 29, 7:21 pm, Xah Lee <xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 9:40 am, Marc Tfardy <b...@cyk.cyk> wrote:
>
> > Andrea Crotti schrieb:
>
> >  > On 25 Giu, 20:27, Marc Tfardy <b...@cyk.cyk> wrote:
>
> >  >>    - is the look & feel approximately like GNU Emacs?
>
> >  > Almost, I returned to the carbon version
> >  >http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/carbonemacspac...
> >  > which I think is more similar
>
> > Yes, but as I already wrote in other post, carbon support will be
> > shortly cutted.

text elided

> • Switching from Mac/Unix To PC/Windows
>  http://xahlee.org/mswin/switch_to_windows.html

I have read your article, and. as I understand it, the principal
benefit of your HP running Windows is that you get "a lot more for
your money". But you also say that Mac/OS X has a better integration
of components/hardware. As you uut it "Mac always just works".

Returning to the point, I (PowerPC user) have used Aquamacs,
Emacs.App, Carbon Emacs, and emacs bundled with OS X. As much as I
like Aquamacs, and have contributed to it, I find Carbon Emacs (for a
PowerPC user) to be closer to what I expect from emacs, especially if
I am trying to share my .emacs file from other systems. In my
experience, what I miss most from Aquamacs is printing, and I wish the
other apps could deliver what Aquamacs delivers.