Copying the colours used by one major mode to another

From: Jim Burton
Subject: Copying the colours used by one major mode to another
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:45:54 +0100

Hi, I want to customize one major mode to use the same colours as
another. Both of these modes are for editing source code (Agda and
Haskell, respectively), the second mode being much more readable with
dark themes. I want to do this locally, i.e. in ~/.emacs, and hoped
there was an easy way to do it without copying lots of properties by
hand. Is there an easy way to do this?  What are the hard ways?

Thanks,

--
Jim