Re: cygwin+imagemagick+emacsW32 causes Windows Vista to report program

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: cygwin+imagemagick+emacsW32 causes Windows Vista to report program crash
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 23:40:51 +0200

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Xah Lee<xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2:13 am, Lennart Borgman <lennart.borg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Xah Lee<xah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > got a very odd problem that's driving me nuts.
>>
>> > in cygwin prompt, i can call one of imagemagick's command and get
>> > result.
>>
>> > However, while in emacsw32 shell, identical call results Windows Vista
>> > poppig up a window telling me some app crashed.
>>
>> > Anyone got some idea what's wrong?
>>
>> Different paths. At the cygwin prompt you have imagemagick's
>> convert.exe first in path.
>>
>> At a cmd prompt you by default have windows convert.exe in the path.
>> (There is a which utility you can get from gnuwin32.)
>>
>> So I do not think this is related to EmacsW32. If it is then please
>> give me more information.
>
> Hi Len,
>
> Thanks! You solved my problem.

Good. Now perhaps you could help me solve mine ... ;-)

The path in cygwin was not setup correctly cygwin-shell (which I ought
to rename). I have tried to fix that, but could not get it entirely
correct (probably a cygwin bug, I have asked them right now).

Could you please try the attached version of w32shell.el and see if
that works for you without you having to change the paths yourself?