RE: Compatible .emacs for Gnu and xemacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Compatible .emacs for Gnu and xemacs
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:37:00 -0700

> What I meant is actually porting/migrating my customizations
> in .emacs to
> work with xmeacs.
> So now when starting emacs, it picks up all the
> colors/functions/bindings...etc
> where when starting xemacs, it does not pick up anything from
> .emacs and
> shows plain basic xemacs.
> I learned that xemacs uses other files for customizations
> like .xemacs?
> So how could I make my customizations in .emacs be picked up
> by xemacs?

Look for help about this on the Emacs wiki. Search for `xemacs' in the search
box. Here's one starting place:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsAndXEmacs

However, the wiki seems to be out of order at the moment - try a little later.
;-)

Things like faces are likely to pose a bit of a problem, IIRC. See the wiki page
about XEmacs extents.