Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: dirtrack (shell mode) not working
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 09:44:00 -0700

On 2009-05-04, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:
>> Input `cd ..
>>   [33m   [0m   [35m 03-Sun-19-12-32   [0m L4   [1;34m ~/Desktop/A$
>>   [0m ' failed to match `dirtrack-regexp'

The big question here is why manual matching works perfectly fine.
Why would ansi colors throw dirtrack off when regexp search backward
accurately identifies the path and only the path?

> I'd remove the ANSI Esc garbage from the prompt (they're good enough
> for use in terminal emulations). The variable comint-highlight-prompt
> can make it look to be easily recognised. There are also comint-
> prompt-regexp and shell-prompt-pattern.

It would be a shame to get rid of the colors in the prompt, as they
separate its components visually for me in a way that makes them
easier to notice.  The first variable sets a single color, while the
second two, afaik, only affect movement.  Is that correct?

> Greetings

Thanks.  I like your Klingon joke.