Re: Annotating Info Pages?

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Annotating Info Pages?
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:48:21 +0200

Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>     Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
>     >
>     >     I'm literally gobsmacked ....
>     >
>     > Speechless, but not?  I had to look that word up---it's a relatively new
>     > word---I went in thinking it meant you're a poor reader and writer.
>     >
>     >
>     >

>     No. I was wondering if you were trolling to be honest as the following
>     phrase from you ..
>
>     ,----
>     | > directory of each project.  As stream-of-consciousness as the
> worksheets
>     | > are, and hence profuse with elipses, I have never been able to afford
>     | > myself the use of brackets.
>     `----
>
>      .. did not tie in with your next sentence:
>
> While you were wondering instead of reading, my first paragraph was
> meaning something.  Something very important to me.

Your first paragraph was rambling nonsense in the context of discussing
ipa v bookmarks.

> And my second paragraph---set off by just that, a blank line, or
> paragraph and not necessarily hypotactically so, was a sincere
> apology.

And you accuse me and others of "poor reading"? I was referring to your
desire to do away with "frustrating communication". Something you seem
to be quite dedicated to pursuing for some reason known only to yourself.

>     ,----
>     | > And sorry about the `agression' earlier, it was an infantile wish to
> do
>     | > away with some frustrating communication.
>     `----
>
>     .. as basically I could hardly understand a word of that first part :-;
>
> That's what I meant about your poor reading.  You know what is the
> most

You really need a little re-adjustment. You were rude, ignorant and
basically unwilling to do any spade work yourself. It was you that
couldn't see the difference between ipa and bookmarks where even a tiny
amount of "reading" would have clarified it for you. So as for "poor
reading" I suggest you look a little closer to home.

> instructive thing I have ever heard said about reading and writing?
> That strong readers are strong writers.

Total and utter nonsense. As a generalisation it is patently false.

> Maybe instead of worrying about GNU/Emacs being in contention for the
> strongest IDE, you should try using it for learning how to read and
> write well---ostensibly, as the strongest _text_ editor that I know
> of.

It might surprise you in your rush to be rude, ignorant and insulting
that program source generally is text. And manipulating that text with
tools suitable for the task in hand is the "IDE" part being discussed
and an attempt to discuss whats available and what improve Emacs as a
programmers editor.

> I dread the day GNU/Emacs becomes Eclipse.

No one suggested it should be "eclipse" but to stick your head in the
ground and pretend programmers don't want features like completion is
ludicrous.

Frankly I think you're trolling, so I'll say goodbye now.

regards

r.