Re: Annotating Info Pages?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Annotating Info Pages?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 07:38:13 -0400

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Sean Sieger <sean.sieger@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:
>
>    Hello Everyone,
>
>    I understand that there's a way to bookmark an info file so that I can
>    easily reference things that interest me later on.  Is there also a
>    way to annotate info files such that I add my own little notes along
>    the way in a browsable or at least visible fashion from within the
>    Info file?
>
>    Thanks in advance!
>
> While doing `e' in an *info* buffer and installing ipa.el are something
> to look into, Bookmarks is part of Emacs and does a simple job in a
> single separate .emacs.bmk file, or as many .bmk files as you'd like to
> have.  Bookmarks may also be annotated.
>
> I'm interested in why ipa.el is preferable to Bookmarks.

Actually, I don't know much about either option.  I figured that
Bookmarks would allow me to mark a spot and give it a name or some
brief description so that I could get back to it quickly.  By
annotating I mean writing extensive notes and attaching them to a
given paragraph or word or something along those lines.  If I can do
that with Bookmarks then that's a nice win.  Probably at some point
today I'll read up on both.  I'll send out my decision for those who
are interested.

Thanks again for the help!

--

In Christ,