How debug font lock mode settings and/or view existing font lock mode se

From: Chris Seberino
Subject: How debug font lock mode settings and/or view existing font lock mode settings?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:17:33 -0700 (PDT)

I created my own minor mode that highlights characters beyond column
78.
It works most of the time but sometimes fails like in java mode.

Is it possible to dump the font lock mode settings in a separate
buffer when it doesn't work to see what is going on?

(If you have another idea to fix font lock mode settings I'd love to
hear that too.)

cs